Balambhatdada Deodhar: –
Mallakhamb History: –
Once there were two wrestlers Ali and Gulab, Who were considering themselves as the most powerful person in this world. Some say they were from the Nizam Kingdom. While some say that they were the wanderer who roams all over the world just to display their power and strength. They were also challenging the wrestler’s worldwide. They were so powerful that hardly any wrestler sustained in front them.
The actual history begins from here. Once upon a time both Ali and Gulab visited the kingdom of Peshwas. That was the age was Peshwa Baji Rao II was ruling the Kingdom. Ali and Gulab decided to visit the Great Darbar(Court) of Peshwa.
They both challenged Peshwa Baji Rao II that none of the wrestlers will sustain in front of them. Baji Rao II accepted their challenge and sent his strongest wrestlers to fight against them. Ali and Gulab were winning with of all the strongest wrestlers sent Baji Rao Peshwa II.
The whole Darbar(Court) was astonished by seeing the way they were fighting. The king was embarrassed. Balambhattdada Deodhar cannot see his King in an Embarrassing situation. And for Peshwas reputation he challenged both Ali And Gulab. He also ensures that he will win against them but he asked 21 days for preparation. His condition was accepted by King as well as Ali and Gulab.
One day Balambhattdada was walking with various thoughts in mind. How can we beat Ali And Gulab? What could be the weak point of Ali and Gulab? How can I be more strengthful than Ali and Gulab? With Various thoughts in mind, he saw a monkey doing some unique exercise and acrobatic moves on the branch of the tree. Looking at that monkey Balambhattdada got the Omen of strength. A monkey was doing something that common human cannot do.
Looking at Monkeys moves and exercise he started performing the same. For that, he himself built one wooden pole and practice those moves of a monkey on the pole. From that practice, he has strengthened himself to such an extent that he got the confidence of beating both Ali and Gulab. He called this technique as “MallaKhamb”.
On match day, he visited Kings Darbar(Court) to fight against Ali and Gulab. After the long fight, he single-handedly defeated both Ali and Gulab. It was an auspicious day for king and kingdom as Balambhattdada Deodhar defeated Ali and Gulab. And helped the king to regain his pride and reputation of his Peshwa kingdom.
King Baji Rao Peshwa II asked Balambhattdada Deodhar how he managed to win against Mighty Ali and Gulab. Balambhattdada said the whole story from beginning to end. With this King announce Mallakhamb as a technique every wrestler and soldier should perform.
He assigned Balambhattdada Deodhar to teach Mallakhamb. King also allowed him to spread the Mallakhamb technique throughout the kingdom.
Mallakhamb offers Balambhattdada improved strength, tight grip, endurance, concentration.
Significance Of Mallakham: –
Advantage Of Mallakhamb: –
- Mallakhamb is the only sport which provides complete exercise to entire body that too in the least possible time.
- Due to continuous twisting and turning, the whole body gets massaged and the cells are rejuvenated. The external muscles are developed and the internal system is increased efficiency. It also gives the perfect shape and form to the body. It provides remarkable control to limbs of the human body.
- You can also achieve control over the breadth as Mallakhamb makes use number of Yoga Postures.
- As you constantly balancing your body on the pole or on the rope you developed brain functionality run efficiently. You Improve your memory, concentration, and coordination.
- The person who performs Mallakhamb displays mental and physical attributes like flexibility, focus, and balance.
- Mallakhamb also helps to control Mind and body.