Smart Cities Project In India |14 Fact To Know About Smart City Project In India
Government Releases List of 98 Smart Cities. These cities have Cleared 1st Stage of Development Plan. The initiative of Rs 48,000 crore initiative, announced by Prime Minister Modi in June. They have selected 98 cities to participate instead of the planned 100. The chosen cities contain 35 percent of the population.
Smart Cities In India – 14 Fact You Must Know About Smart City Project In India
Here is a plan for Smart Cities In India:-
- A city equipped with basic infrastructure to give an individual a decent and clean surrounding is called a Smart City.
- According to the Urban Development minister, Venkaiah Naidu, a smart city is
“One having provision of basic infrastructure to give a decent quality of life to its citizens. It’s a clean, sustainable environment and application of smart solutions, keeping the citizens at the center.”“one which is one or two steps ahead of the aspirations of people”.
- The Smart City Mission promotes integrated city planning. The government’s policies such as Swachh Bharat Mission and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation complement each other.
In the nomination,
9) Gangtok and some major cities did not qualify for being a smart city.
The success of the Smart City Project is dependent upon the finance generation at the State-level as well as private investments.
Top 10 cities that have been nominated for the project are:
1) Port Blair.
3) Pasighat in Arunachal Pradesh.
10) New Delhi Municipal Council in Delhi.
- Venkaiah Naidu said that the land is going to be there in the smart cities. And structures are also going to be there so it is a safe bet for the investors to invest in these cities.
- The Centre has set aside 48,000 crore Rupees for the mission.
- It has been reported that this money will be released to urban local bodies at frequent intervals in the next five years.
- PM Narendra Modi, who launched the Smart City Project this year in June, defined a smart city as future of India.